kglobal, a full-service communications firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., is looking for a media-savvy Account Executive for a D.C.-based position supporting our public affairs, commercial, and nonprofit clients. This involves engaging with members of news media to shape coverage in line with our clients’ communications goals. Tactically, that will regularly include pitching story angles, writing press releases, securing interviews, and more.
The ideal Account Executive is a creative, idea-generating machine that can proactively identify opportunities to use these tactics amidst the regular news cycle.
What You’ll Do:
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences.
- Tactically execute key project functions alongside other members of our media team, in order to get our clients in the news.
- Communicate closely with team leaders to craft public relations/public affairs strategies.
Who You Are:
- Communications professional with at least 1-2 years of experience pitching or working within the media, including online, print, radio, and particularly TV.
- A media junkie: you enjoying keeping up with the news, every day, and pay close attention to what news outlets and reporters are covering.
- Go-getter: you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative.
- Intellectually curious: you ask questions and dig a little deeper for our clients.
- Team player: you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description.
- Adaptable: changes in plans or last-minute requests don’t set you back – you adjust and keep going.
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business MacAir
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- New, Convenient Office on the West End (10-minute walk from multiple Metro lines)
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please cite any specific examples of your published writing or past media opportunities.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.